The BC Ministry of Education has implemented a Graduation Numeracy Assessment that will be a graduation requirement of the 2018 Graduation Program.
The June 2019 Numeracy Assessment exam is scheduled for Monday, June 24th and Tuesday, June 25th from 9:00-11:00am
Numeracy Support sessions have been scheduled in the Career Centre during lunchtime on June 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 17th and 19th.
This assessment is a requirement for graduation.
- The Numeracy Assessment is a new provincial assessment and a graduation requirement for students on the 2018 Graduation Program.
- Students will write the assessment during their graduation years (Grades 10–12) at the most appropriate time for them.
- Unlike the retired Mathematics 10 Provincial Exams, the Numeracy Assessment is not tied to a specific math course. Rather, it evaluates a student’s numeracy skills developed over the course of their education.
- Results will be reported using a four category proficiency scale and will appear on a student’s transcript as a number, representing one of the four categories (emerging-developing-proficient-extending).
- Students will have two opportunities to rewrite during their graduation years should they wish to increase their proficiency. Results will appear on Student Transcripts and their best outcome will be recorded on their final transcript.
- Universities may be interested in a student’s assessment results, as part of the application process.
NUMERACY BROCHURE (MINISTRY OF EDUCATION)