The BC Ministry of Education has implemented a Graduation Numeracy Assessment that will be a graduation requirement of the 2018 Graduation Program.
In June 2018, all grade 11 students will have their first of three opportunities to complete the Numeracy Assessment.
The Numeracy Assessment exam is scheduled for Friday, June 22nd from 9:00-11:00am
There will be an important assembly for Grade 11’s on Tuesday, May 29th during B Block to provide more information about the Numeracy Assessment and upcoming support sessions.
This assessment is a requirement for graduation.
- The Numeracy Assessment is a new provincial assessment and a graduation requirement for students on the 2018 Graduation Program (all students except for this year’s Grade 12s).
- Students will write the assessment during their graduation years (Grades 10–12) at the most appropriate time for them. The assessment sessions start in June 2018.
- Unlike the retired Mathematics 10 Provincial Exams, the Numeracy Assessment is not tied to a specific math course. Rather, it evaluates a student’s numeracy skills developed over the course of their education.
- Results will be reported using a four category proficiency scale and will appear on a student’s transcript as a number, representing one of the four categories (emerging-developing-proficient-extending).
- Students will have two opportunities to rewrite during their graduation years should they wish to increase their proficiency. Results will appear on Student Transcripts and their best outcome will be recorded on their final transcript.
- Universities may be interested in a student’s assessment results, as part of the application process.
NUMERACY BROCHURE (MINISTRY OF EDUCATION)